As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear OT//New way to transition between tracks like Ableton [VID] (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT//New way to transition between tracks like Ableton [VID]
Re:OT//New way to transition between tracks like Ableton [VID] 11 Years, 1 Month ago
Hats off to you biologic, this is a fantastic workflow.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re:OT//New way to transition between tracks like Ableton [VID] 11 Years, 1 Month ago
Cheers guys!
Game & Watch
i was planning a series of five different images, artworks commemorating the Biologik Discovery. but then realised this could be slightly over the top.

so, suffice to say, cheers for the share bro!

although i am still learning how and why there must be two Parts used in this freedom-enhancing performance workflow, i do have one question at this current stage of medium illumination...

would having different effects on a Master Track kind of get in the way of this working?

currently, i have Track 8 as the Master track. that is fun to work with and sculpt the overall sound, but if necessary i will relinquish this in favour of the new approach. And it would be a bonus to free up Track 8 again for loops ... or perhaps to use for Gigi's plays-free FX technique.
Chain Chomp
I'm glad you found a way to make this work for you! Will this finally end the part hate?

You should name your parts though.

I knew about the infinite release and play free thing, but wasn't aware of it being like Live or solving a functionality issue people were having....

Another note, it also keeps your audio inputs open and keep in mind you can have different scenes per part. So you could have an LFO linked to a scene that ramps up or down your volume or effects etc. Be sure to play with the LFO sync options!
Goomba
great technique, played 2 days with it.
it's solid. that being said, i use to much one-shot material to incorporate this.

the fact that it also costs 2 Parts, just like the structure-transitions, and it demands several button combo's, wich i can avoid with structure transitions, i must conclude, not my cup of tea.
Game & Watch
how about one flex machine on a dedicated track in every kit, always set to play free,
then just sample the master output and assign that sample to the free-playing flex machine?

mute all the other tracks when switching patterns, then mix them in either manually or using scenes, after a smooth pattern changeover is achieved by having the dedicated plays-free flex machine continuing the master output sample from before...

perhaps this may help to avoid the extra use of a precious part?

or is this an over-simplification that may sound okay in theory yet in practise is not so fresh?
Chain Chomp
@previewlounge No need to give up track 8. You can do what you will with it!

In terms of using an extra part, this is only needed if you use the OT like me. You can still mute the tracks using the loop method. All you have to do is disable the track and then hit funct+stop. This is similar to the way I was using the OT anyways when it was in audio mode. I use the extra part just because I like hitting the trigs as per the video. I actually find myself using only one part more and more now anyways.

@jonah Yeah, I do some extra things with my parts besides what I've shown

@bart2 Agreed. If you use a lot of one-shots then it won't be that great. I only use one-shots for vocal samples so it's fine for me. Not sure what you mean about button combos though, you only have to push a trig to start the track. It also lets you maneuver to any other song you may have.
Chain Chomp
previewlounge wrote:
how about one flex machine on a dedicated track in every kit, always set to play free,
then just sample the master output and assign that sample to the free-playing flex machine?

That's essentially the crossfader method of transitioning...?
Go to top Post Reply